Vista 32 SP1 iexplore process hooking crash

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Hi All,

I have a code ( close to examples ) which hooks the IE (iexplore process). This code been tested and works perfect under XP Prof SP2 32 bit, XP Prof SP3 32 bit, Vista SP1 64 bit.

But only under the Vista SP1 Ultimate 32 bit I have the exception below:

Hook Exception: Process iexplore Message: Unknown error code (-1073741502): The user defined managed entry point failed in the target process. Make sure that EasyHook is registered in the GAC. Refer to event logs for more information. (Code: 13) Stack:    at EasyHook.NativeAPI.Force(Int32 InErrorCode)
   at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.InjectEx(Int32 InHostPID, Int32 InTargetPID, Int32 InWakeUpTID, Int32 InNativeOptions, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Boolean InCanBypassWOW64, Boolean InCanCreateService, Object[] InPassThruArgs)
   at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.Inject(Int32 InTargetPID, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Object[] InPassThruArgs)

I am running my App under Admin rights exactly, the same code works for 64 bit without any problrms.. And it works for 32 bit XP.

I am in continue with some reserch but, if you can, please, drop me a line about the possible reason.

Regards,

Igor

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Sorry, 2 comments more:

1 - The ProcessMonitor.exe test example from Easy Hook 2.6 Stable also has the crash with the same exception under Vista Ultimate 32 bit during attempt to hook the iexplore process.

2 - It seems what the ieuser.exe process needs to be hooked instead of iexplore. It ssems might be the solution..

Regards,

Igor