Update soon?

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Hi, i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i was wondering if there will be any update of Easyhook in the future?
Oct 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Yes I am working on it a little over time. Did you have any specific changes in mind?
Oct 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Hi !

Thank you for your reply and sorry mine took so long...

I'm currently coding an app that use EasyHook to hook software on the fly (a bit like your ProcessMonitor example, but with a different end).

What bothers me a lot, it’s EasyHook works like a charm with a lot of programs, but with some, I’ve got annoying bugs that I can’t solve by myself and that, using the same base code.

For example, when EasyHook works very well with FlashPlayer in Chrome, but it’s impossible to me to make it work with Flash in Firefox, every time I got this error :

FlashPlayerPlugin_15_0_0_152
Unknown error code (-1073741502): The user defined managed entry point failed in the target process. Make sure that EasyHook is registered in the GAC. Refer to event logs for more information. (Code: 13)

I’ve tried everything I know, manually register in gac, avoid using gac with your last version (I’ve tried several version of easyhook), running as admin etc. I believe it doesn’t have anything to do with GAC at all…

Another example is trying to hook games, with some it works very well, but with others I’ve got this error :

STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR: Unknown error in injected C completion routine. (Code: 14)

Same here I don’t know what to do …

I will create a separate post with all the errors I get, so maybe the community can help me with them, but to respond to your question, I don’t have any specific change in mind, but more a general one, improve the compatibility with the software that are out there.

Anyway, I’m very glad I found EasyHook, and seriously, you guyz have made an awesome job providing this tool ! Keep up the good work, I will try to help you anyway I can !
Marked as answer by spazzarama on 11/19/2014 at 2:03 AM