New to Easyhook---How to run the FileMon example

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 64bit. And I need to use easyhook . So I try the example as the tutorial said .

I build a new Solution with two project named FileMon and FileMonInject . And I put the Easyhook.dll ,EasyHook32.dll and EasyHook32Svc.exe in fold of FileMon.exe . But there are many errors . I have searched for two days to solve some , but the FileMon.exe still can not work.

Is there any kind-hearted can give me the steps about how to run the source code example? thx :)

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012 at 12:21 AM

When you build and run the Process monitor example does it work for you?

You need to have all the binaries (including the EasyHook64Svc.exe and EasyHook64.dll) in the build directory.

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I forgot to ask - what version are you using? You need to use the 2.7 alpha 3 for Visual Studio 2010 support.

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM
oh,thank you for your help.I didn't see the 2.7 alpha 3.Now I can run the example:)thank you.

2012/6/22 spazzarama <notifications@codeplex.com>

I forgot to ask - what version are you using? You need to use the 2.7 alpha 3 for Visual Studio 2010 support.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (easyhook@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email easyhook@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 1, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Can you share your solution for the tutorial example? I also created a visual studio solution with 2 project but I can't quite understand the relation of these two projects. Which project should be included in which projects and which one will be the executable for the injection.

FileMonInject project includes an interface for FileMon project. But only the FileMon projec has a main function. So ideally we should be able to run FileMon project and include the FileMonInject project as a reference inside FileMon project, right? But from the source I see FileMonInject is using a reference for FileMon. So I get confused