Call for feedback / participation - EasyHook 2.7?

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Anyone interested in a new version of EasyHook (2.7?) please provide some feedback here and within the Issue Tracker. Vote for your changes.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I'm interested.

My wish list is making it more robust. Currently when I use it to hook CreateFile or WriteFile, it crashes.

Thanks,

Will

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Definitely interested.  Would like to see .Net 4.0 injection working (I tried patches from tracker but still having problems).

.Net 4.0 GAC installation would be nice too.

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM
xenoglyph wrote:

Definitely interested.  Would like to see .Net 4.0 injection working (I tried patches from tracker but still having problems).

.Net 4.0 GAC installation would be nice too.

Ok alpha ready in Downloads - allows bypassing the GAC at the moment. Still have to implement support for installing into the .NET 4.0 GAC

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Great. I'll check the 2.7alpha version on my app that uses 2.6. With 2.6 it crashes sometimes when finishing and removing acquired hooks.

I use x64 Win7 system.

Thank you.

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Tried changeset 66525 on my application. My application is based on FileMonInject example.

When compiled with .net 3.5, it shows "easyhooksvc has stopped working" window. In spite of this, the application runs smoothly. Better than 2.6. Previous version (2.6) was crashing the attached process after reestablishing a hook. Tried with 2.7, no crash. 

As you told, .net 4 client profile didn't work.

What can be a reason for easyhooksvc problem?

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Terikon wrote:

When compiled with .net 3.5, it shows "easyhooksvc has stopped working" window. In spite of this, the application runs smoothly. Better than 2.6. Previous version (2.6) was crashing the attached process after reestablishing a hook. Tried with 2.7, no crash. 

Make sure you have built both x64 and x32 versions of the projects, that could be the issue (I can't remember whether the order you do it is important).

Hmm, using .NET 4 client profile worked for me here... What I'll do is include binaries for 3.5 and 4.0 in the next release so that you can try again to exclude any issues with build environment.

Thanks for trying it out!

Cheers,

J

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Terikon wrote:

Tried changeset 66525 on my application. My application is based on FileMonInject example.

Hi Terikon,

The alpha 3 binaries have been uploaded, you will find both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 versions. Also the build process has been improved with a MSBuild script that allows you to quickly compile the source for all configurations (via build.bat).

Cheers,

Spazz