File not found

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Hi,

i've downloadad the example code for FileMon. The code compiles and everything. But when I run it I always get an exception for file not found in FileMon.cs line 43

Line 43:

Config.Register(
                        "A FileMon like demo application.",
                        "FileMon.exe",
                        "FileMonInject.dll");

I have all the dll's in the same folder as FileMon.exe. Or is there any other place I should put them?

Regards

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Hi,

I had this problem too, and figured out what was wrong.

If you have this problem, it means that you are just discovering easyhook (as me) right?

So First of all, i suggest you to make the demo working without trying to look at the code.

once it works, you can attack the code :)

The problem is that both FileMon.exe and FileMonInject.dll must be signed and have the same sign key.

I Used to just compile exe and use allready compile FileMonInject.dll witch raise the exception because can't find FileMon with its same signature.

I also had to gently change the Code (using VS2005) :

I've created 2 projects: a console one for FileMon.exe, and a Class Library for FileMonInject.dll

I had to move FileMonInterface to the dll project, because both exe and dll needs it.

Then i've added the dll project as reference of the exe project.

Now the demo works fine.

Here a zip of my solution fixed: http://dl.free.fr/hSNE39Z3G

N.B you'll have of course to change the PID given into exe project properties=>Debug=>Argument to match with the process to hook (i used notepad for my tests)

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Hi man , I am new to easyhook . Can you give me the zip of your solution ? I get a error when run the solution I built :

http://easyhook.codeplex.com/discussions/362220

Thx:)

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Hello, can you repost these files for download?

Thanks!

GiovaFR wrote:
Hi, I had this problem too, and figured out what was wrong. If you have this problem, it means that you are just discovering easyhook (as me) right? So First of all, i suggest you to make the demo working without trying to look at the code. once it works, you can attack the code :) The problem is that both FileMon.exe and FileMonInject.dll must be signed and have the same sign key. I Used to just compile exe and use allready compile FileMonInject.dll witch raise the exception because can't find FileMon with its same signature. I also had to gently change the Code (using VS2005) : I've created 2 projects: a console one for FileMon.exe, and a Class Library for FileMonInject.dll I had to move FileMonInterface to the dll project, because both exe and dll needs it. Then i've added the dll project as reference of the exe project. Now the demo works fine. Here a zip of my solution fixed: http://dl.free.fr/hSNE39Z3G N.B you'll have of course to change the PID given into exe project properties=>Debug=>Argument to match with the process to hook (i used notepad for my tests)