These ideas are to be implemented in the trunk code of the projects. They will form the main drive behind a new release. This new release is called post-2.6 for now, as it is not clear how big the impact for these changes will be. A new release may either be
called 2.7, or 3.0.
- Match the CreateProcess() call in the EH C code to the C# System.Diagnostics.Process way of using CreateProcess(). This would cause less unexpected behavior.
- Offer a convenient way to redirect I/O for processes started using CreateAndInject(). (named pipes or mapped memory might be an alternative, though offering multiple would be nice too)
- Compare the EH and Detours APIs, and synchronize if and where it makes sense to do so.
- Investigate using the CLR hosting API (See Work Item 17199)
- x64 improvements. Some of the x64 vs x86 seem overly complicated and are not optimized.
- Look towards kernel level alternatives to some of the common hooking applications. Some of the methods of EasyHook are easier to do w/ mini-filters.