Using EasyHook in a commercial application

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I want to use the unmanaged part of EasyHook in a commercial application. I will link against the EasyHook32.lib / EasyHook64.lib files and distribute the *.dll files with my application. I will add your logo to the about dialog of my application. Do I have to do anything else to comply with LGPL requirements?

Nice library, I will donate some money, if I can sell my software successfully.
Sep 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Hi, I'm glad you have found it useful.

For licensing you need to include a copy of the LICENSE.txt with the EasyHook binaries (renaming to easyhook-LICENSE.txt is acceptable) - this is a copy of the LGPL. You should include the 1st section of the readme.txt (rename to easyhook-readme.txt if that helps) as it also contains additional copyright information.

As EasyHook uses the udis86 library internally for disassembly you also should include the udis86-LICENSE.txt found in \DriverShared\Disassembler

Regards and good luck!
Justin
Sep 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM
if I am getting the LGPL right, my Software must not be an open source Software. It means as Long as I include the License files which you mentioned, it is ok to use it in any Software that I want?
is that correct?
For licensing you need to include a copy of the LICENSE.txt with the EasyHook binaries (renaming to easyhook-LICENSE.txt is acceptable) - this is a copy of the LGPL. You should include the 1st section of the readme.txt (rename to easyhook-readme.txt if that helps) as it also contains additional copyright information.
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:08 AM
That's correct, as long as it is attributed and you include the license you can do what you like with it.
Marked as answer by spazzarama on 9/12/2014 at 2:14 AM