Inject() does nothing and returns silently

Apr 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Edited Apr 24, 2009 at 7:45 AM
I'm having problems injecting dll-file in managed c# environment. Calling RemoteHooking.Inject() returns without any errors, but my external IEntryPoint is not executed (class implemented in dll-file is not instantiated). So, I guess I need help with one of the followings:

- how can I debug the Inject() function? The step-into-command in visual studio doesnt work even after copying easyhook's pdb files. The source code of this project  is not compiling due to some missing dependencies (fusion.h etc).
- or how can I make easyhook return all error messages, and not return silently?
- or can someone provide an example C#-project that can be actually compiled and tested. All I could find was documentation, and who reads documentation any way.. ;)

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM
The project itself comes with three example projects....

Easyhook can not report all errors. As stated in the docs, look into the application events logs for further error information...
Apr 27, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Application events list had no errors or warnings.

Hopefully those example projects compile better than project's source code. And hopefully they include precompiled easyhook dll files.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM
- how can I debug the Inject() function?

Download the full version of Visual Studio 2008 Professional or TeamSuite... You can use it for 240 days without activation I suppose... Then you sure should be able to compile it yourself and just add your project to the EasyHook solution. Set the breakpoints wherever you need them and all things will be fine...