Binary release manages injection whereas my compilation of the source code doesn't

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Hey,

Pretty much everything is in the title... My problem is when I try binary release of the sample (Process Monitor), everything works fine and it manages to attach to pretty much anything. This is great. Then I get the source release, compiled it with VS2008 (as is, with no option tweaking or anything), then I run the fresh Process Monitor that I compiled, and try to attach to a process (the one I want to hook), and then the targeted process crashes... I'm almost sure there are some parameters to tweak to make this work but I don't get which ones. It's of course a compilation issue since the binary release works just fine.
  I'm under Vista 32 bit (Business) and I think it deals with target platforms but as I'm a total neophyte with .NET, I can't really figure what to change.

Some help would be greatly appreciated =)

Anyway, thanks for this great library, it'll my work far more easier (as soon as I'll get it to work) !
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM
This happens on my computer, also vista w/ sp1, Enterprise. But later when I restarted my computer, the sample project can be compiled and ran correctly.